BASIC TO INTERMEDIATE BARISTA(Skillsfuture Claimable) Each class is limited to 3 trainees. Kindly scroll down to book your slot.
Be trained and prepared for a career to serve in gourmet specialty coffee!
Our quality hands-on coffee training will prepare you to become a professional in the coffee industry! With our experience dating back to Nov 2004 with several thousands trained participants. Read what our past participants have to say…
- Had enough of paying and drinking overly-priced, inconsistent bad espresso coffee at cafes?
- Exploring to buy an espresso machine and be trained to be a home barista?
- I want to improve on my barista skills, to make great commercial quality espresso coffee at home or my establishment
- Where and who can trust to truly help me learn to make a espresso coffee?
- Does the coffee academy in question have the track record and competence to deliver quality training?
- Yes it is possible to make great commercial espresso coffees at home or office with the right skills, coffee beans and equipment. You just need to find the right one.
- There are machines out there that would every need and budget. Acquiring the right skills is the key to great tasting coffee.
- With the right people providing the right training, your barista skills can definitely improve and yes you surely can make great commercial quality coffee at home or establishment.
- The market is flooded vendors out there who is involve in coffee in the following areas: coffee roasting and supplies, cafe operations, coffee machine supplies, coffee training etc…but only a handful can truly say they are a one-stop-shop with a SOLID TRACK RECORD FOR CONSISTENCY.
- With no obligation, Highlander Coffee can help you to address these challenges and more…
HOW CAN HIGHLANDER COFFEE HELP?
THE BOTTOM LINE…
SIMPLY SAID, WE UNDERSTAND COFFEE BETTER. You will BENEFIT from our dedicated team of REAL PEOPLE with extensive PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE and on a DAILY basis:-
- ROAST coffee for retail (2006) and wholesale (2012)
- DISTRIBUTE and SERVICE coffee machines (2004)
- WALK the talk by OWNING a cafe and SERVE coffee daily (2006)
- PIONEER in COFFEE TRAINING and probably conducted the most number of classes in the WORLD (2004)!
- PROVIDE SOUND COFFEE CONSULTANCY with a PROVEN TRACK RECORD (2006)
For the latest reference to the our coffee classes, please visit our Facebook page. For your information, all the coffees served produced at our Food Xchange production facility are AVA and Halal certified. Our espresso bar has been operating with an NEA licence renewed yearly over the last more than 10 years!
Who should Attend?
1. Planning to start your own cafe in the future and serve quality espresso beverages with latte art.
2. Existing cafe owners who did not manage to learn proper barista skills and best practices.
3. Currently working as a Barista but keen to master the correct techniques to make that great espresso beverages.
Upon completion, the attendee will be able to:-
- attain a good understanding to making a good cup of coffee.
- carry out the best practices and learn effective techniques required of a professional barista to consistently produce great tasting espresso beverages.
- learn the tip and tricks of pouring latte art.
|Topic Name||Duration (Minutes)||Objectives|
|Brief History of Coffee||10||To familiarize with where & how it was discovered; where it was first cultivated, roasted; how it first came to Europe & the Americas; its social & economic significance, etc.|
|Understanding the bean?||5||Gain an understanding of coffee (botanically)- the significant species, their flavour, aromatic, and chemical characteristics, where they grow; processes for preparing beans for export; decaffeination processes|
|Roasting 101||15||Gain an understanding of the roasting process- methods of roasting; effects on the bean’s flavor characteristics and chemical components as the roast level darkens; preferred espresso roasts; typical roasting terms (levels of roast); importance and methods of blending; peak freshness, proper storage|
|Keys to a Good Brew||30||A good appreciation of the importance of coffee storage freshness, water quality, water temperature, brewing ratio, grinding coffee|
|Cupping Coffee||30||A good understanding of tasting terms: fragrance, aroma, acidity, body, flavour|
|Single Origins Coffee||15||A overview of the taste profile of coffees from different continents. Includes a discussion on taste subjectivity.|
|Let’s make coffee with the French Press||30||Tips and tricks to a better cup|
|Let’s make coffee with the Pour-over method||30||Tips and tricks to a better cup|
|Let’s make coffee with the Aeropress||30||Tips and tricks to a better cup|
|Principles of Espresso Making||10||To achieve a sound understanding of what makes a good espresso.|
|Exploring The Different Espresso Beverages||15||To get updated on the latest and different definition of the drinks served commercially.|
|Essence of Stretching and Texturing Milk||15||To gain a detailed knowledge of how to correctly stretch and texture milk for wonderful milk based espresso beverages.|
|Overview of the Espresso Machine and Grinder||10||To understand the workings and safety precautions of the various espresso machines components and functions.|
|Preparing the Coffee Work Station||15||To appreciate the importance of preparatory work and the essential barista tools needed to achieve good coffee making.|
|Demonstration On Making the Various Espresso Beverages and Latte Art||15||To learn the proper sequence and different techniques used to make core commercial espresso drinks with milk art.|
|Barista Trainees Hands-On Making on espresso beverages||120||To augment theory learned earlier by going hands-on to efficiently make core espresso beverages.|
|Espresso Machine and Grinder Maintenance||20||To fully appreciate the importance of regular espresso machine maintenance and how to do it.|
|Course Summary and Q & A||15||To answer any doubts during the class.|
|Coffee Quizz||30||Participants are expected to achieve a score of 75%|
|Total Time||7 to 7.5 Hours|
- SGD 426.93 (SGD 399.00 + 7% GST )
|SPONSORED BY:||CATEGORY:||SKILLSFUTURE FUNDING (SGD)||BALANCE YOU PAY (SGD)|
(Singapore Citizens only)
|SC > 25 YEARS OLD||Up to SGD 426.93||SGD 0|
- No prior coffee making knowledge and experience preferred.
- Have an open mind and strong desire to master new coffee making techniques.
At least 2, maximum 3 participants
Mostly hands-on, concise and laser focused on theory.
7 – 7.5 hours.
Award of Certificate
Participants will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Achievement’ after successfully scoring at least 75% in a quizz.
Look No Further.
What Others Say…
Who should attend?
- Anyone planning to start your own cafe in the future to serve quality espresso beverages with latte art.
- Existing cafe owners who did not manage to learn proper barista skills and best practices.
- Currently working as a Barista but keen to master the correct techniques to make that great espresso beverages.
- Coffee lovers who plan to own or already have espresso machines at home wishing to acquire the proper coffee making skills for that tasty espresso, cappuccino or caffe latte.
What is the course duration and fee per participant?
- Course duration is 3 to 3.5 hours.
- SGD 198 (SGD 211.86 with GST) per participant. Please book and pay securely online by PayPal or credit card.
What is your background and track record? Who are your customers that have attended this programme?
We ARE most probably the LARGEST coﬀee academy in the WORLD; not only for the number of people we have taught, but also class frequencies and most importantly sensible fees!
Besides the tens of thousands individuals from the public, our past seminar clients include IBM Singapore, Port of Singapore Authority, Deloitte Consulting, Philips Singapore, Infocus Asia , ITE, NUSS, NTU Alumni Club, People’s Association islandwide community clubs, Qatar Airways, Tech Semiconductor Singapore, Oracle University, SAFRA, McDermott, Exxon Mobil, ACCA, UOB Call Centre, ST Kinetics, ST Engineering, Raffles Institution, Raffles Girls School, Victoria Junior College, Anderson Junior College, Beatty Secondary School, Fairfield Methodist Secondary School, Microsoft Singapore, Immigration and Customs Authority, NTUC Income, Ministry of Health, Hewlett Packard, Singapore General Hospital, Economic Development Board, Tetra Singapore, Work Development Agency, Microsoft Regional, Fuji Xerox, Imperium Solutions, Singapore Police Force, Nestle Professional, Givaudan, IFF Asia Pacific, Eminence, IPP Financial Advisers, Symrise Asia Pacific, Singapore Stock Exchange, Ministry of Education, JTC, Ernst & Young, SingTel…just to name a few!
The company has been featured by major media namely HER World, Berita Harian, The New Paper, The Sunday Times, MediaCorp Channel U, ZaoBao, IS Magazine, The Singapore Women’s Weekly, Asiaone.com, Business Times, The Straits Times, WoBao and Eight Days. Read more…
What is the Gourmet Coffee Appreciation Workshop course content?
- Demystifying local “kopitiam” coffee
- Quick glance at the history of coffee
- Getting to know what is coffee?
- Tips to making that perfect cup
- Discussion on taste subjectivity
- Gain an understanding of what makes the perfect espresso, cappuccino and caffe latte
- Demonstrations of the various home coffee brewing methods
- Watching live espresso extraction and latte art on coffee in action
Over the years, this workshop has evolved to become an ideal session for one of organisation choice of team building activities. It engages participants with lots of Q & A and high level of interactivity with the participants such as quizzes, coffee tasting and sharing of real life experiences. For those in your group that are highly enthusiastic, we can facilitate hands-on coffee making with latte art during the later part of the class.
You may wish to know that Highlander Coffee is the only one in the market capable of truly bringing a live coffee kiosk to you complete with commercial equipments and accessories for the session to be so experiential and exciting. Our seminar is guaranteed engaging with lots of live demonstrations and Q & A. Every paying participant will get to sample various specialty coffees and each attendee will enjoy a coffee beverage of their choice at the end of the seminar.
Are there any pre-requisites to attend this programme?
If you do not have any background or very little knowledge in coffee, we strongly suggest you attend the Gourmet Coffee Appreciation workshop first. You may wish to then attend the Coffee Cupping Workshop where we share with participants how to taste coffee and learn about the coffee origins from the different continents. Lastly, you may choose to sign up for our Professional Intensive Hands-on Barista Workshop where you get to learn hands-on the art and science the preparing espresso beverages with the commercial espresso machine.
Do you roast your own coffee beans and does Highlander Coffee possesses the required food safety certifications?
As our wholesale business grew, it is only right we eventually become a AVA certified wholesale roaster and supplier. End 2012, we finally WHOLLY OWN a roasting plant; producing coffee almost daily for both retail and wholesale with AVA (2012) and Halal (2015) certification. Our roasting facility is located at Food Exchange, 28 km away from our espresso bar (NEA certified since 2006)!
How often are your beans roasted?
Where are the beans sourced from?
Why are these beans special? Flavor?
Favorite roast? How do you get this flavor?
Why is Highlander Coffee unique?
To be available to everyone it must be simple to master for an individual, organisation or a commercial establishment. Coffee should easily be learned and not intimidating or overcomplicated.
Since 2004, Highlander Coﬀee is committed to making it simple for anyone to experience good consistent coﬀee by sharing, serving, and support of our in-house roasted coﬀees, espresso coﬀee machines and coﬀee training workshops.
For more than a DECADE, our VALUES have kept us focused to achieve steady and consistent GROWTH. SIMPLY put, we want our customers to continue recognizing us as ENDURING, DEPENDABLE and CREDIBLE.
We have established a broad customer base that either enjoys coﬀee at our espresso bar or who purchases beans to savour at home. Commercial establishments and oﬃces trust our roasts to serve their coﬀee customers and employees.